Advice and Inspiration for Christian Writers
Christian Publishing 101 provides an overview of the vibrant Christian writing and publishing landscape through interviews with seasoned authors, experienced editors, and publishing professionals.
- Explore memoir, children’s, flash fiction, devotionals, historical, poetry, collaborative writing, and more
- Discussions on digital footprint, blogging, and using social media effectively
- Advice on dealing with resistance, facing the nos, creating an active writing life, and writing from vocation
- Guidance on pitching to editors and agents, writing style, publishing options, editing your work, and making a living
- Assignments with each chapter encourage next steps
Contributors include some of the most accomplished names in Christian publishing: Jerry Jenkins, Mary DeMuth, James Scott Bell, Cynthia Ruchti, Andy Scheer, Sarah Sundin, and Bill Myers.
Each chapter is bursting with useful information, helpful advice, and heart-felt encouragement for all on the writing journey. Perfect for any writer looking for inspiration.
“What a wealth of information can be found in this book! … If you can’t make it to a conference, the tips here will provide a great overview of the concepts and techniques used in the Christian publishing industry.”
— Kathy Ide, director of Mount Herman Christian Writers Conference
“I plan to pass this inspirational guide along to serious writers who are striving for excellence.”
— DiAnn Mills, co-director of Blue Ridge Christian Writers Conference
“This is like a writer’s conference that forever resides with you. The breadth of what is covered makes it a book you’ll pick up at various stages of the journey. I want to buy this for all aspiring writers!”